Can I safely play and use money in online casinos?
In general, the answer is yes, definitely. If an online casino is a licensed and regulated business, there isn’t much to worry about. These licensed casinos are businesses, and to keep their reputation and retain a customer base, they will do their best to keep their players happy and safe when using their service. They not only offer the most secure online deposit procedures, but also follow the strictest protocol and security practices and use the best security firewalls and technology to prevent outside threat like data leaks, hacking, and evidently, keeping transferred funds secure.
Here are some of the steps that digital casino gaming platforms take to guarantee the safety of their players:
- Data Ciphering – Licensed online casino operators use an advance SSL encryption which secures all shared data into a secure space that hackers and third parties cannot access.
- ID Verification – Online services, including casinos, are covered by the KYC, or Know Your Client policy. This is an anti-laundering policy that requires online services to follow a set of standards to verify the identity of their customers. This means that internet casino gamblers should provide identification documents to prove who they are to prevent fraud.
- Two-factor authentication – This is a popular security feature in many apps, especially those that entail handling money, and securing identification. Most online casinos provide this option to players to get extra security by setting up two authentication factors to verify identity. Aside from the user name and password, a second verification is done through email or SMS.
- Segregated Funds – Online casinos ensure that they don’t touch player money deposited—these are all kept separate from the casino’s operational funds.
- Responsible Gambling – Regulated online operators want to help their players to be responsible and not incur financial loss because of online casino gaming. Licensed casinos have features that help promote responsible gambling, allowing players to set limits to their deposit and loss, and self-exclude.
The Best and Most Secure Deposit methods
Top online casino operators know that it is important to provide a variety of the best deposit/payment options for the player. Therefore, they make sure that these are available to the player, while setting low deposit limits. Of course, the low deposit limits would depend on operator discretion.
Below are some of the most popular deposit options that online casinos offer:
- Debit/Credit Cards – Master, Visa and AMEX are probably the most accessible and popular deposit options for players. Debit and Credit Cards are widely used not just in physical shopping but especially online shopping, therefore widely used and accepted in most populations and countries, so online transactions via Debit/Credit Cards aren’t new, and it’s easily accessible to the player. While it is easily accessible, some platforms require transaction fees. Some banks also take 3-5 banking days to receive your earnings or winnings, so there might be more of a wait.
- Wire Transfer – This is an electronic payment service that is highly secure and simple to use. Money transfer is done via FRN, SWIFT, or the Interbank Payment System (Clearing House). While it is very convenient and secure, a player is required to have a bank account. Apart from that, transactions take a while, as they are usually extremely slow.
- E-wallets – because of the pandemic and the rise of online transactions, the popularity of e-wallets have increased. E-wallets are user friendly software for monetary transactions. What makes it a good option is that it offers quick transfers with sufficient protection for the player. However, one might not be able to claim a bonus from using this option. E-wallets aren’t also accepted by plenty of online casinos based in the US.
- Prepaid Options – Players can use this banking product by funding the cards with money that they want to spend. What’s so wonderful about this option is that it helps the player set a separate budget for gambling, without having to touch the player’s other funds. If a player chooses to use this option though, the player has to go through all the hassle of buying prepaid cards or funding them over and over for every new deposit.
- Cryptocurrency – This is another hot trend that came about when the pandemic hit. The use of digital coins like Bitcoin is becoming more popular in gambling. Crypto eliminates the need for third parties, and transactions are securely done in a flash. Also, using this option allows the player to be completely anonymous. The crypto technology also makes transactions irreversible and data highly secure. But the value of digital coins is volatile as they fluctuate a lot.
Our Most Recommended Online Casinos
If you’re looking for the best and the safest online casinos, you have to consider the ones that have a great reputation, with good payouts, and guaranteed withdrawals. Here are the five that made it to the top of our list:
- BetUs – BetUs has been around for a while and is probably one of the oldest in the online gambling industry. It offers a welcome bonus which is up to a total of $3,000 for a player's initial deposit of 150%. This company is licensed by Costa Rica and Curacao. You can use this coupon code upon registration: CAS150.
- Las Atlantis – Licensed by Curacao, Las Atlantis offers a five-part package that gives the player a chance to win up to a whopping $14,000. To avail of this deal, you can use this promo code: LASATLANTIS.
- Wild Casino – Regulated by the Gaming Control board of Panama, a player can get up to $5,000 bonus during their first five deposits. To get this offer use the codes: WILD250 and WILD100.
- El Royale – El Royale has a lot of features that are quite similar to Las Atlantis. It is licensed globally by Curacao. A player can get a welcome package that can be a much as $12,500 worth for free-playing. To avail, use the first code: TRUEROYAL.
- BetOnline – This game is also regulated by the Panama Gaming Control Board. BetOnline gives new players a tempting registration deal that matches 100 percent to $3,000 of a player's first three deposits.
Online casino gaming is convenient, but one may encounter several traps from other operators. To prevent this, players should only play in safe and reputable online casinos to ensure all cash transfers are made smoothly.