- Roulette is a popular casino game, available for New Zealand roulette players in the best casinos
- We provide you with guides to help you with betting and playing roulette, and increase your chances to win!
- Our casino site reviews and guides are there make it sure that you are playing in a 100% safe online environment, at the most trustworthy and best casinos.
Roulette is one of the most popular casino games, and New Zealand roulette players can play this exciting game from their home due to the dozens of online casinos. If you want to try out your luck, or you have a method, you can try the top rated casinos which also offer free online gambling – you can even play for fun.
Through the Internet, an Kiwi player can also feel the excitement caused by switching between the multiple types of roulette games. American and European roulette are the most popular, but there are several other types are also available, like the French roulette or the different thematic games, like the Marvel roulette.
Let’s see a quick run-through on how you can start to play roulette with real money:
- On the Internet, you can find top rated casinos, with top-notch customer support and multiple types of games. Our reviews can help with your search.
- When you are joining a casino, see if it offers any bonuses, what kind of betting options are available – and remember: a good casino always publishes its payout
- To deposit money you will need your credit card or an online wallet like PayPal or Skrill; also be responsible and never wager more cash that you can afford to lose.
Roulette is a table game and almost every casino offers the chance to play roulette online. The most evident difference between the roulette games can be seen on the table and on the roulette wheel itself. The American-style roulette wheel has two green pockets: 0 and 00, while the European roulette has only one zero. To summarize the differences, here are few points to remember:
- American roulette has two pockets with zeros, so the chances are different.
- European roulette has one zero, but the table’s layout is the same as of the American
- French roulette also has only one green pocket, but traditional French roulette has the wheel in the middle of the table.
Playing at Roulette Online Casino, Bonuses, and Tips
Roulette is not a new game, but the Internet brought it real world fame. Since the first online casino’s launch in 1994, the roulette evolved a lot: new types are created and it became available for everyone around the world, including the New Zealand roulette players.
When you are seeking a casino to play roulette, you can either go down to a brick and mortar casino which you can find almost all Kiwi cities, or you can go online and play in a safe environment and in the comfort of your home. Before joining an online casino you have to check it, and for that you should our New Zealand reviewers’ guides, so you can make a good decision about it. You should always look at the payout statistics, and the best sites always offer downloadable software, a chance to test the games with free play. The recommended casinos are free to signup, they have downloadable application, but no download version is available; such casinos always have 24/7 customer support and a good team to help the players. Prior to betting real money, see if you are eligible to receive bonuses and try the free online roulette games of the site first.
How to actually play the game
There are dozens of roulette strategies online, and before starting to play, you might check some and try these strategies and methods with the free online games of the recommended casinos. The strategies you will find online are usually based on the chance of losing and winning, and to recoup from a series of losses with sticking to different betting progressions. Most of these strategies are recommending the French or European roulette since the chances are slightly better than the American, since there is only one zero.
During a roulette game, you have to make a bet, based on your instinct or the strategies you are following. There are straight bets, which basically means you pick a number and place your bets on it. This is simple and easy to do, though it has low odds. You can read about lots of other types of bets, but the strategies are usually suggesting betting colour, or evens & odds. Both has the same chances and payout, and they also have in common that zeroes doesn’t count: the zero (or double zero) isn’t even nor odd, and it’s a green pocket on the roulette wheel. With European and French roulette you always have a slightly better shot of winning!
The game itself is straightforward: you and the other players have to place your bets, and the computer or in live dealer roulette the croupier spins the wheel and the ball. When the ball stops in a pocket you can see if you have won or lost – in live games the croupier announces the number, the colour and type (odd or even).
“With European and French roulette you always have a slightly better shot of winning!”
Though the roulette is a game of chance, there is some science in it, and the roulette betting systems and strategies are all mostly based on math. However some systems are just about sticking to chance and focus on minimalizing the losses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I play roulette for absolutely free?
Yes, you can. Most of the recommended casinos have free-play version of all games. Free online roulette is easy to find, and by playing them, you can see if the software is rigged or not. The best casinos have non-rigged software.
Does free roulette reflects the real game?
More or less, in fact. The free roulette games are usually using the same software as the real money roulette, but they are not as exciting as actually playing with your cash. They are good to practice strategies.
Computer roulette or live dealer roulette are the best to play online?
It’s a fact that playing with a live dealer feels far better, and since you can even chat with the croupier, it’s not as boring as playing over and over again with a machine. Also, live dealers have the advantage: they can’t develop programming faults which may cause impossible losing rows.
What are the outside bets?
The roulette terminology call every bet an outside bet which isn’t a straight bet (betting on an exact number). The outside bets are the black or red, the even or odd bets, or the range bets: 1-18 or 19-36. These have better chances of winning than the straight or split bets.
What payout is expected?
In online roulette, the strategies usually suggest outsider bets, since you win back the wagered amount as a profit. E.g. you bet on black, and you win – if you put $5 on it, you receive $10.
On the roulette wheel and the table which numbers are red?
From 1-10 and 19-28, the odd numbers are in a red pocket, and the even are in black. From 11-18 and also 29-36 it’s reversed: odd number are in black, even are in red. The zeroes are always green.
Hints and Tips
- Grab a cheat sheet before you start playing and try free roulette
- You can always choose from American roulette or European roulette, these are the common.
- The American roulette features a greater house’s edge (two pockets with zero), so the chances are bit lower for you. Stick with the European game.
- Always check the minimum and maximum bet before playing, it might be different for live dealer or software games.
- Try some of the strategies, or just try your luck – outside bets have lower payout, but far better chances.
- Don’t let your emotions guide you! Always think and keep track of your bets, losses and winnings.
- If something is not clear, check the FAQ or ask the dealer if you are playing live roulette online.