It’s no secret.
Casinos make money when you pay them money, not when they pay you.
You shouldn’t be surprised, then, that cashing out your winnings in an online casino isn’t as easy or quick as using an ATM.
In fact, it’s often the complete opposite. And sometimes, it’s never.
You owe it to yourself then to shop for the best online casinos before you bet.
With a little due diligence, you can find the casinos with the fastest payouts.
- Don’t Trust the ‘Lists’ of Casinos with the Fastest Payouts
You know what we’re talking about. You’ve seen tons of questionable ‘articles’ like them:
“Top Ten Online Casinos with the Fastest Payouts”
“Online Casinos with the Fastest Cashouts”
Most of them are advertisements disguised as articles. The folks who wrote the list get a bit of cash every time you or anybody clicks one of the casinos on that list.
Sometimes the information on those lists is false or misleading. Or outdated. More often it simply is incomplete or poorly researched. Whatever the list may be, you don’t know if it’s reliable. Do your own homework.
- Start with the Payout Time
In their terms of service, every casino will tell you how long it takes to withdraw your winnings. Take note that this only refers to how long the casino takes to approve and process your withdrawal request, NOT how long it will take to actually get your money.
Many of the “fastest payouts” lists base their list on the casino’s advertised payout time. It’s a good place to start, but not something you’d want to bet on.
Most casinos offer processing times varying from 24 hours to two or three weeks. Many casinos, though, offer “instant withdrawal.” It’s not exactly “instant” or even “right away.” You can, however, expect to see your money in less than 24 hours if you have chosen a fast transfer method such as Bitcoin or an e-wallet.
- Check the Online Forums and the Blacklists
As you might wonder, online casinos don’t always do what they say. There are instant withdrawal casinos that in actuality may take days or weeks before starting your withdrawal. There are casinos that say it’ll take a week, but usually take 24 hours to process a withdrawal.
The best way to suss out the truth is if you research the online forums and blacklists. Find out what actual people/players are saying about the casino you want to join. If the casino is dishonest or sluggish, you will find plenty of people complaining about the slow withdrawal process.
- Check the Conditions for Withdrawal
All online sites will list conditions that allow them to refuse to pay you winnings or let you withdraw them.
Make sure you study these carefully. Predatory sites often have so many conditions that they effectively have a free hand to refuse to pay you anything. Needless to say, cashout time means nothing if the casino simply refuses to pay you.
Above all else, make sure you understand the withdrawal conditions imposed on you when you accept bonuses from the casino. The most important are the wagering requirements.
Nearly every bonus you accept comes with a wagering requirement that is some multiple of the bonus. For instance, if you accept a $100 bonus with a 30x wagering requirement, you must make $3,000 in bets before you can withdraw winnings.
- Check the Withdrawal Limits
All online casinos restrict how much money you can withdraw in a 24 hour period.
Many restrict how much you can withdraw per week or per month.
Most “lists” of fastest payout casinos often neglect to mention these limitations. For instance, let’s say you play at an online casino with “instant withdrawal.” However, if the maximum limit on monthly withdrawals is $1000, withdrawing $3000 will take over three months. At that point, the “instant” part is not instant at all.
- Choose the Appropriate Funds Transfer Method
No matter how the casino processes cashouts, the most critical component is the method you use to transfer the funds.
- Fastest: Bitcoin. Bitcoin is almost always the fastest way to receive your winnings once the withdrawal has been processed. The transaction is often completed in seconds. As an added bonus, casinos typically set higher maximums for Bitcoin withdrawals – often five or six times the maximum limit for legal tender withdrawals.
- Almost Fastest: E-wallets. E-wallets (such as PayPal) are also nearly instantaneous, with transfer rates measured in minutes. However, if you live in the United States you’re out of luck. Transfers from casinos to E-wallets are severely restricted in the States, so you have very few options.
- Faster: Credit Cards. If you transfer the funds to your credit card, expect to see the money 1 to 5 days after the casino approves the transfer, but usually around 1 day.
- Slower: Wire Transfers. Wire transfers typically take 1 to 3 days to show up in your account, but usually closer to 3 days. However, some online casinos, such as Ignition and Slots LV, offer a type of wire transfer called Rapid Transfer. These typically take about 1 day or less to clear.
- Keep in mind that wire transfers, unlike credit cards, e-wallets, or virtual currency, are based on banker’s hours, so transfer time does not include Saturday and Sunday.
- Slowest: Checks. Expect a check to arrive about two weeks after the casino has approved the transfer.