Casino games are exciting, engaging, and flat out fun, whether you’re playing on land or at one of the best online casinos. But at the end of the day we’re really hoping for one thing: winning money.So, are there online casinos that pay out more than others? Which ones? Well, the answer isn’t as simple as it seems.
Which Online Casinos Have the Highest Return to Player?
To figure out which online casinos pay out the most, we must first define what exactly we mean by “paying out the most”? Start by finding the online casinos with the highest payout. That’s easy, because every online casino that wants your business will advertise its payout rate, also called the Return to Player (RTP).
Simply put, the RTP is, on average, the amount players win for every dollar they wager. A payout rate of 98.5% means that, on average over the long term, you will win $98.50 for every $100 you wager.If you do the math, that also means you will lose $1.50 for every $100 you wager. That loss is the online casino’s gain, which is why it’s called the house edge.You will find plenty of “lists” of the highest payout online casinos. But that won’t help you much.
Which Online Games Have the Highest Payout Rate?
The payout rate varies from game to game and from slot to slot. The payout rate also will vary based on your skill playing the game or your skill betting on the game. Many of these casino games – and individual slot machines – will have the same payout rate no matter what online casino you play at.
That means that if you play blackjack at a high payout online casino, and then you play blackjack by the exact same rules and payout structure at a low payout casino, you will receive the exact same payout. Likewise, if you’re playing your favorite slot machine game (such as Gonzo’s Quest), you likely will get the same payout no matter what online casino you’re at. Be warned, however. Some shady operators work with pirated software. Such software is much more likely to be rigged, meaning the payout is much less than it should be.
Which Online Games Have the Highest Volatility?
Remember, payout is an average. As an example, in a slots game with a million dollar jackpot, that million dollar win requires a massive amount of people to do much worse than the advertised payout to get to the average. This is called volatility or variance.
You want to find the right volatility, not just the right payout. If you’re chasing the jumbo jackpots, go for the high volatility games. However, since there need to be so many losing plays for that one huge win, chances are you won’t get anywhere near the online casino’s advertised payout rate. If you want steady wins, choose the low volatility games. In that case, the advertised payout rate does matter, and you have a much better chance of hitting it.
The greater the variety of games and game manufacturers represented on the site, the more likely you’ll find both the right payout and right volatility you’re looking for.
Which Online Casinos Have the Most Reliable Payout?
It doesn’t do you any good to score a winning payout if the online casino takes your money or makes it hard to withdraw your money. One of the most important considerations is how reliably the online casino pays out these winnings.
Finding the casinos with the most reliable payouts takes a bit of research.
- You need to check if and where an online casino is licensed.
- Check to see if the casino is certified by a third party in its operations and financials.
- Thoroughly research how easy or difficult it is to withdraw funds, including the amount of time it will take to withdraw funds. Some casinos demand high wagering rates or a high minimum balance before they allow you to withdraw. Some put a cap on how much you can withdraw per week. All of these, not just the speed of withdrawal, can add up to your money sitting in their bank, not yours.
- Read all the terms and conditions. All online sites will list conditions that allow them to refuse to pay you winnings. Make sure you study these carefully. Predatory sites will have so many conditions that they effectively have carte blanche to take your winnings as they please.
- Check the casino blacklists, whitelists, and online forums to determine how reliably and quickly the online casino you are considering is in paying their players.
- Above all, make sure that the online casino has 24-7 customer support.
Whatever you do, don’t believe the information you find on sites listing the “best” or “fastest” payout rates. In our research, these “articles” report payout speeds and reliability much faster than what you actually will get.
Which Online Casinos Have the Best Payout Rate?
Bottom line, the real question comes down to which online casinos have the best payout rate. This “best” payout rate considers
- the overall payout rate for the casino,
- the terms and conditions which allow online casinos to hold or reclaim money you’ve won,
- the overall reliability of the online casino, and
- the ease, speed, and number of options available to withdraw funds.