Knowledgeable online blackjack players have a good chance to emerge as winners by understanding the casino game’s basic rules and building on that foundation with winning blackjack strategies. Selecting a good, reputable online casino makes the experience enjoyable so the player can concentrate on the game without worrying about not having winnings paid out.
At first glance blackjack appears simple. Get as close as possible to 21 without going over and end up with more points than the dealer. It’s not just luck, though.Blackjack, like many casino games, is easy and fun to learn, but harder to master. However, you can greatly increase your chances of success by learning to appreciate and implement subtle and winning blackjack strategies.
Find the Best Online Blackjack Casinos
A good start to enjoying blackjack is to find the best online casinos to play. Make sure you’re playing on a respectable site where the casino has the reputation of paying out its winnings. Consulting user reviews and ratings systems is an excellent way to find reputable online blackjack casinos to help guide you to either play on that online casino site or stay away.
Online Blackjack Bonuses
You will find that many reputable casinos online offer various bonuses, such as welcome bonuses, to make getting started enticing. The best online casinos will make available the basic rules and tips on how to play blackjack and other online casino games.
Collecting bonuses is exciting, but before you play on a site for its bonuses look closely at the terms and conditions related to the bonuses and the online gameplay overall. They may contain items such as wagering requirements needed in order to cash out or specify which casino games you are allowed to use the money for playing. Think in terms of ratios, such as the higher the bonus offered, the larger the deposit required.
Good Online Casino Customer Support
Customer support is another measure of respectability and trustworthiness. Some online casinos will have 24-hour support via email, chat, phone, or a combination thereof. Also look for online gaming casinos that have a long and active record of offering tournaments. These will attract players from around the world.
Scroll down the page to see where the online casino is regulated and read through the terms and conditions page for tokens.
Once you’ve chosen an online casino where you feel comfortable, it’s time to play.
Learn Blackjack Rules
Blackjack is such a wildly popular game that you will not only see it played in a casino, but in a college dorm room, a friend’s house, a coffee shop, or just about anywhere. Though many people who aren’t completely familiar with the rules may call it 21, read on and you’ll see why that’s not a fully accurate moniker.
Basic Blackjack Rules
- There is one dealer.
- At a casino blackjack table there can be from one (1) to seven (7) players.
- Players receive two cards face-up.
- The dealer deals two cards to himself—one face up and one face down.
- Since the dealer does not make any decisions, it is okay that the dealer can see your cards .
- Only the value of the cards matter, not the suit.
- Number Cards have their number as their value. For example, a three (3) is worth three (3) points (regardless of suit).
- All Face Cards have a value of ten (10).
- The Ace is strategic since its value can count either as one (1) or eleven (11).
- In a brick and mortar casino, play begins with the player to the dealer’s left. Each player has several choices on how they wish to play.
- Basic blackjack choices
- Hit: Take another card from the dealer
- Stand: Don’t take any more cards
- After a player “hits” they may hit as many times as they wish until they either choose to “stand” or they “bust”. (If a player goes over 21 while hitting, it is called a “bust”.)
- More advanced blackjack moves
- Split: If the first two cards of a hand have the same value, the player can split them into two hands
- Double-down: A player can increase their initial bet by up to 100% by committing to “stand” after receiving exactly one more card.
- Once all the players have made their plays, the dealer then plays their hand by turning over the face-down card.
- If the dealer’s total is 17 or more, the dealer must stand.
- If the dealer’s total is 16 or under, the dealer must take “hits” (draw additional cards) until the total is 17 or more, at which point the dealer must stand.
- An actual blackjack is scored when a player or dealer is dealt 21 without needing more cards dealt. This is also called a natural.
- Basic blackjack choices
Learn the Best Winning Blackjack Strategies
Playing blackjack successfully means developing a strategic approach to the game. Deciding whether to ask for a hit, stand, split, or double down is not just betting on the luck of the draw.
Basic Blackjack Strategies
A player’s hand and the dealers up-card are the basis that forms the player’s foundational strategy. That strategy utilizes mathematics and probability to determine a best course of action for winning in blackjack.
The player considers the high cards and low cards dealt to him/herself, the dealer, and all other players at the table to calculate which other cards remain in the deck. With this knowledge the player assesses the probability of being dealt the various specific cards in the remaining deck. This allows the player to better understand the amount of risk involved in taking any more cards to reach a high score without going over 21.
Infamous Card Counting Blackjack Strategy
Players have even joined together in teams to beat blackjack dealers to win the most money possible. One of the famous examples is the MIT blackjack team that started in 1980 when six students taught themselves card counting. For years afterwards, the MIT team recruited other players they deemed suitable enough to learn the skills needed to win. Naturally, their approach was used in land-based casinos but not online sites.
Advanced Blackjack Strategies
Practice by playing blackjack with different scenarios of the cards in your hand. For example, when dealt a low hand where the value of the sum of the cards ranges from 3 to 8, taking a hit is smart. Conversely, when you are holding a higher range of 15 to 17 may means it’s wiser to stand.
Pay special attention to the dealer’s up-card and compare that with your hand. If the dealer’s up-card is a face card or an Ace, the chances of the dealer winning are high, so in that situation you may wish to be aggressive and take a hit to try to get as close to 21 as possible.
A benefit to playing at the best online blackjack casinos is the freedom to keep a chart by your side of various card combinations showing when to hit or stand.
The goal of blackjack is to beat the dealer, so playing the game well and boosting your winnings takes practice.