Millions of people enjoy playing casino games, but very few have an unlimited bankroll to play with. To make the most of that money, it helps to know what games offer the best odds of winning. Here’s a rundown of which casino games have the best odds of winning.
It’s important for gamblers to set a limit on how much money they’re willing to spend. Many gamblers lose more money than they want simply because they don’t set a bankroll limit (or stake) before they play. Before you start playing your favorite game, determine your stake – the maximum you are willing to play with or lose – and stick to it.
When you win, put your winnings in a different pocket than your stake. This will keep you from playing (and potentially losing) your winnings. Once your stake is exhausted, stop playing. No matter what.
Play Table Games
In general, table games offer better odds than slot machines. Card games seem intimidating to some beginners because of the need to learn the game and strategies, while slots, on the other hand, seem safer because of the lack of skill required. This fear, though unjustified, is one of the reasons slots remain more popular with casino-goers. However, with a little time observing and learning the table games, you can increase your odds of winning more money more often.
Roulette is easy to play and can pay out well. Start by making small bets on Red or Black, or Even or Odd, and you have a 50-50 chance of coming up a winner. Your odds of winning get even better if you’re playing a European roulette wheel instead of an American wheel, which has an extra 00.
When it comes to cards, the best odds of winning in most casinos can be found by playing blackjack. Blackjack is one of the most popular table games at American casinos and around the world, with most casinos at a house edge on blackjack of just 1 percent. Why is it one of the better choices for people who want to win?
- Blackjack is an easy game to learn and even easier to play. Unlike poker, with blackjack you are playing one-on-one against the dealer, not against the other players seated at the table beside you.
- All you need is to beat the dealer with cards that total the closest to 21 without going over. Poker is also a far more complicated game with plenty of rules and etiquette to follow.
If you’re a beginner, take a pass at the poker table and choose to play blackjack instead. Mathematicians put the odds on winning at blackjack at nearly 50 per cent, if you do a little research before you play and take the time to learn the game.
Craps is also a good choice, with the second-best odds in any casino of nearly 50-50. From the outside, this dice game can feel a bit intimidating, especially at the beginning. It’s a fast-paced game, with a lot of commands being barked out, side-betting going on, and usually a crowd of spectators cheering on the players. However, it’s just a bet on a roll of the dice, so it requires no skill or previous experience.
- The best way to start is by betting on the pass line. Wait for a person to take the dice and put a minimum bet on the pass line. If that person rolls a specified combination of numbers, you win. If they don’t, you lose.
- You can also bet on the “don’t pass” line, which is the opposite of the pass line. It’s a great way to play without too much pressure, and it gives you the chance to win as you learn the ropes.
It’s still a good idea to do a little research and reading beforehand, but overall, craps offers a better chance at a win than other casino games.
This game is relatively new in the United States, but it’s hugely popular overseas. Don’t be intimidated by the relatively high stakes or the fancy name. Baccarat is a simple game that offers fairly good odds. You bet either on the dealer or the player. Both will draw a card, and whoever is closer to the number 9 wins.
The slots don’t offer the best odds in a casino, but there is a way to improve your winning odds if you have your heart set on slot machines. There are two ways to potentially increase your wins:
- If you bet a higher amount, you increase your odds of winning. Penny slots have the lowest odds of winning, while machines with $5 bets pay better.
- The same thing happens if you bet the max on any one machine. You’ll have a better chance to win than if you paid the minimum bet.
Set a Time Limit
Just like setting your bankroll and sticking to it, you increase your odds of leaving a casino a winner when you set a time limit on how long you’re playing and stick to it. In all casinos, the odds will always favor the house and the longer you play, the more likely you are to lose. Learn when to walk away, especially after a win, and you are far more likely to hang onto your new money.